The purpose of the Latino Alumni Association Undergraduate Scholarship (“scholarship”) is to award and recognize students who are prepared academically, involved in their community, exhibit leadership qualities benefiting the IU Latino community, and work to foster an appreciation of the Latino experience in the United States.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time, undergraduate IU student currently and during the Fall 2015 semester;
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0;
- Have completed at least 24 undergraduate credits;
- Have graduated from a high school located in the U.S. or its commonwealth; and
- Agree to participate in the LAA activities, specifically the alumni reunion and mentorship program for at least one semester, if selected as a scholarship recipient.
Applicants are evaluated on the following: academic standing, community service, essay response, financial need, involvement with, and leadership within, the IU Latino community. All applications are reviewed by the scholarship selection committee. The top-ranked applications will be considered finalists and be required to participate in an interview with the selection committee. Additional information may be requested.
Application deadline is midnight July 1, 2015.