The Jaguar Sprint Triathlon will be the fastest Triathlon in the state. The swim will take place in the world renowned IUPUI Natatorium. To this date the pool maintains 101 American Records and 15 World Records. The facility is home to the IUPUI Jaguars, the USA Olympic Diving team, and the USA Olympic Synchronized Swimming team.
The sprint will consist of a 400 meter swim, a 10 mile bike and a 3.1 mile run. The swim is a staggered start “snake” swim through the 8 lanes of the 50 meter competition pool. Upon exiting the pool, the triathlete’s will run 200 feet from the pool deck through the underground tunnel exiting to the Transition area. The bike course is routed through the IUPUI campus up to the Major Taylor Velodrome and then back to the transition area. It is a beautiful course along the White River. The run consists of a loop around the White river from the transition area to Tenth Street, back through the zoo trail ending on University Street in front of the IUPUI Natatorium.
- There are 5 men’s and 5 woman’s locker room’s at the Natatorium. Please bring your own lock if you are to utilize the lockers.
- The diving well at the south end of the Natatorium will be open for warmups continuously during the race start.
- There are NO transactions fees for registration. The price listed is the final price!
- Minimum age for the race is 13 years old. Ages are determined by the participant’s age on December 31, 2013.
- Awards are given to the top three finishers for each male and female age division.
- Each participant will receive a tech shirt at packet pickup.
- Packet pickup will be September 19. Time and location to be determined.
- Also, packet pickup is available the morning of the race from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.